Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

PHOTOS OF PEOPLE LEANING AGAINST OLD TRUCKS

...BECAUSE I THINK THEY'RE FUNNY.

This is a photo of me leaning against an old truck.  I'm laughing in it because strangers were watching me pose for what was obviously a corny, not-remotely-candid picture, and I was embarrassed.


But I love my old truck photo.  I love it because it's cheesy, even though when it was taken, I think I thought it would turn out cool and artsy or something.  As I leaned back against that dirty old truck, which was probably driven by an elderly man with too much facial hair, my sepia-toned imagination told me I would look like a country western singer or an Anthropologie model.  I thought I was being original.

I WAS WRONG.

This lady's hobbies include taking old truck photos
and ruining her pretty clothes.

This gentleman is taking a break after having personally sawed his truck in half.

She's damn proud of that there truck.

She uses this truck to transport all of her fruit.  Because.. she's a migrant worker.

"Look, I'm a farm girl!!"

"Voguing with vehicles is so much fun for no apparent reason!!!"

My dad is eating a sandwich and secretly feeling smug about owning a Prius.

"We take family portraits in parking lots!!"

A truck barrels toward adorable children.

Just kidding!  These bros totally worked it at a hardcore truck photo shoot!

Ladies and a now-legendary pimp--mastering the truck-lean.

Here's my sister, posing by THE EXACT SAME TRUCK as me.
Putting a nail in the coffin of my originality.

VISION.  INSPIRATION.  TRUCKS.

People who don't have photos leaning against old trucks often don't see the appeal of photos leaning against old trucks, I guess because they don't see the world in terms of potential Facebook profile pictures.

But if you are someone who has posed for a photo leaning against an old truck, I congratulate you, and if you are one of the people who SENT me said photo, I cannot thank you enough.  You are all beautiful, fabulous, not-particularly-original people, and I love you for it.

Now, a VERY SPECIAL THANKS to ALEX HERMANN who came up with this idea with me and inspired this post by sending me a saucy photo of himself with the front half of a truck.  Alex has Ellen-like star power, so when he asks people for their old truck photos, old truck photos he receives.  Alex, you're trucking awesome.

Feel free to send me yet more of your old truck photos, if you have them!  Just sayin'... everybody loves a sequel.

3 comments: